The 5 Reasons Why I Don't Love Over-The-Knee Boots
I have never liked over-the-knee boots. There, I said it! (seems sacrilegious in the blogging world, doesn't it?? haha) I don't hate them, but they are not something I consider a staple in my closet. I'd throw them into the trend bucket more than anything. Of course, that doesn't mean you won't ever see me wear OTK boots. I still think they can be cute with certain looks, and now have 2 pairs (both under $70), but I think this is probably only the third time that I've posted with them in the 2 years I've been blogging. Having a few pairs satisfies my thirst for trends, but I don't have to shell out big bucks.
So why don't I love over-the-knee boots?
- They don't feel appropriate for work to me. I haven't been able to find a look with OTK boots where I would feel comfortable walking into work. I haven't seen a single other person I work with wear them, and it makes me a little nervous! If I can't wear an item to work, then I typically don't like to invest in it.
- Following that, it's still not a style I find myself reaching for on the weekends or the evenings. I'd rather have some sexy high heel booties to pair with my look, or just plain 'ol heels! Showing some ankle is sexy!
- I have really short legs, and specifically short thighs. Because of this it's hard to find a dress or skirt to pair with them that shows a sliver of skin but isn't too short. If the hem is too long then I feel frumpy and it looks like I'm wearing pieces that don't fit correctly.
- I know OTK boots are meant to be lengthening, but you can get a lengthening look just by pairing pants and booties of the same color together - I also like the idea of OTK socks (way cheaper)! I don't need just OTK boots to get a lengthening look.
- I've really never been a fan of higher-shaft boots. Even my Hunters are the short version! This goes back to my shorter legs, and also just personal preference.
Do you agree with my points? Do you disagree?? Let me know in the comments! And if you have any tips to help me help love OTK boots please share!